Clogged or slow drains in the kitchen or bathroom can be a huge pain. And while it’s easy to reach for one of those chemical drain cleaners that claim they can knock out “even the toughest clogs,” it’s actually not a good idea to use them—they can do serious damage to your pipes! The best option? Call John Nugent & Sons for drain cleaning services!
If you have a clogged drain in your home in Northern Virginia, call John Nugent & Sons at 703-291-1926 or click here to contact us online!
Our Drain Cleaning Services
At John Nugent & Sons, we provide drain cleaning for all the drains in your house. Call us today for:
- Kitchen drain cleaning – No matter how careful you are with your kitchen drains, you’ll almost certainly have a clog at least once. Things like grease, soap, and food particles can get build up in the pipes and eventually cause them to become completely blocked. The best way to take care of a kitchen drain clog is by calling John Nugent & Sons! We’ll use a drain auger to break up the clog and send it through the pipe and out of your house.
- Bathroom drain cleaning – bathroom drains are particularly susceptible to drain clogs. Hair, soap, dirt, etc. can all cause major blockages in bathroom drains, which include the sinks as well as the shower or bathtub. Again, a professional drain cleaning company is the fastest, easiest, and safest way to clear out a drain clog in the bathroom.
- Sewer line drain cleaning – if all of the drains in your home start backing up at once, look out—you’ve probably got a clog somewhere in your sewer main. Sewer main clogs are commonly caused by tree root invasions, which can cause things like food and toilet paper to get stuck and create a huge backup.
If you need drain cleaning in Northern Virginia, call John Nugent & Sons at 703-291-1926 or contact us online!
Preventing Clogged Drains
There are a number of things you can do to prevent your drains from ever clogging in the first place:
- Do not pour grease down the drain – the number one cause of clogged kitchen drains is grease and fat buildup, which collects around the walls of your pipe and narrows the opening, completely clogging the drain over time. Instead of pouring oil, grease, and fat down the sink, pour it into an old coffee can or other container and throw it into the trash.
- Use drain screens in the shower – hair and soap scum can create nasty clogs in your shower drains, so if you don’t have them already, visit your local plumbing supply store to find a screen for your drain.
- Run hot water through the sink after each use – hot water will help melt any collected grease along the pipe walls and keep food products moving down the drain.
Why call John Nugent & Sons for plumbing services?
John Nugent & Sons has been family owned and operated since 1975. We pride ourselves on providing the high quality of service and very personal touch that only a family company can offer. It is our belief that each and every customer deserves to be treated with the same respect and honesty as a member of our family. Our top-ranked customer service and superior quality of work can be attributed to this belief. In 1975 we started small, but over the years, more and more people have accepted our offer to join the family. While we’ve grown to meet the expanding needs of these customers, we’re always careful not to jeopardize the value and quality of service that have been our trademarks since the beginning. Our commitment to excellence is what got us this far and we plan on honoring this commitment long into the future.
Each employee of John Nugent & Sons is empowered with this same commitment. It is what drives our search for more and better ways to serve our customers in the most effective way possible while offering the highest quality products possible. We are also committed to educating our employees so that every technician that enters your home is the most qualified technician available. We evaluate our programs regularly to ensure that our employees remain current on changing technology. It is our sincere desire to enhance our services and improve our performance for your benefit.
John Nugent & Sons is licensed, bonded, and insured.