AC Repair in Northern Virginia
Providing AC Repair Services in McLean, Ashburn, Arlington, Falls Church, Alexandria & the Surrounding Areas
When the summer months arrive, you can’t go without a working air conditioner in Northern Virginia. After spending long days outside with friends and family, the last thing you want to come home to is a broken cooling system. So what should you do when you discover your air conditioner is blowing warm air or just isn’t working at all? Call John Nugent & Sons for speedy AC repair in McLean, Ashburn, Arlington, or the surrounding areas!
For over 40 years, we have provided our Northern Virginia patrons with fast, effective, and reliable service. Our business is built upon your complete satisfaction, so we bring our absolute best to the table with every service! This means we provide highly trained HVAC specialists and the best Carrier products available in the industry to meet your every HVAC need.
Never ask, “Where can I find AC repair near me?” again! To schedule AC repair in McLean, Arlington, Alexandria, Leesburg, or nearby Northern Virginia cities, contact us online or give us a call at 703-291-1926.
Signs You May Need AC Repair in McLean
Air conditioning systems will almost always let you know when something has gone wrong. When you notice any of these signs or anything else out of the norm with your system, call a professional HVAC technician from John Nugent & Sons right away:
- Weak or ineffective cooling. If you’re just not getting the standard of comfort you’re accustomed to, odds are something in your system has gone wrong. Weak cooling is often related to general wear and tear, component failure, or even a possible clog, all of which are best handled by our maintenance experts. We will diagnose your issue and resolve it as soon as possible.
- Reduced energy efficiency. Do your cooling bills look a little (or a lot) higher than they have in the past? Reduced efficiency is a very common issue and one we handle on a routine basis. Don’t let massive cooling costs get you down—call for AC repair in McLean from John Nugent & Sons!
- Odd sounds. The background noise your system creates should be exactly that—a barely noticeable whisper. If you notice clanking, banging, wheezing, or squealing coming from your system, contact an AC repair professional right away. This signal can be a precursor to much larger problems, and without a quick repair, you could be looking at AC replacement.
- Strange odors. Thick, musty odors aren’t uncommon if you’ve just kicked your system on for the start of the cooling season. But if the smell persists, call on an expert before dust begins to choke your system out!
- Undue moisture or leaking. No amount of standing liquid should ever be on or around your system. Excess moisture could indicate a refrigerant leak or problems with the condensate drain. Either way, it presents a fire and electrical hazard and should be handled immediately!
If you’ve noticed any of these telltale warning signs of AC problems, it’s time to contact a professional. You never want to be caught without air conditioning during a Northern Virginia summer, and with John Nugent & Sons, you don’t have to be.
Call John Nugent & Sons today at 703-291-1926 to schedule AC repair in McLean, Ashburn, Arlington, or the surrounding areas!
Our Northern Virginia AC Repair Services
When your air conditioner stops working on a hot summer day, you can’t risk scheduling repair with a technician who doesn’t know what they’re doing. When you trust John Nugent & Sons with your service, you can count on efficient and exceptional service that is done right the first time.
We’ll come to your home to assess the unit and diagnose the problem. We’ll then provide suggested solutions and perform necessary repairs. We won’t consider our job complete until we’re certain your unit is working properly again.
To learn more about our AC repair services in Northern Virginia, contact us online today.
Schedule AC Repair in McLean, Ashburn, Arlington, Centreville, Fairfax & More!
John Nugent & Sons has been family-owned and -operated since 1975. We pride ourselves on providing the high quality of service and personal touch that only a family company can offer. We believe that each and every customer deserves to be treated with the same respect and honesty as a member of our family; our top-ranked customer service and superior quality of work can be attributed to this belief. Our commitment to excellence is what got us this far, and we plan on honoring this commitment long into the future. We are a licensed, bonded, and insured HVAC company, so you never have to worry about the quality of our service.
If the air conditioner breaks down at your home in Northern Virginia this summer, contact us online or give us a call at 703-291-1926 to schedule AC repair in McLean, Ashburn, or any of the surrounding areas.
AC Repair Frequently Asked Questions
Why is my AC blowing warm air?
We expect a lot from our air conditioning systems here in Northern Virginia. We expect them to provide cool, high-quality air—and we expect them to be able to keep up with our demands as the season goes on. But one thing we don’t expect is for the system to begin blowing warm or hot air. Operator error is the number one cause, but refrigerant leaks, a clogged outdoor unit, or poor electrical connections could also be to blame.
Learn more about AC blowing warm air >>>
Why is my air conditioner freezing?
Even if you change the filters and schedule regular AC maintenance like you’re supposed to, there is still a chance your air conditioner will freeze up. There are three main reasons an air conditioner can freeze up:
- Lack of airflow
- Refrigerant leaks
- Outdoor temperature
Learn more about AC freezing >>>
How can I detect AC refrigerant leaks?
One of the most common AC problems your unit may encounter is a refrigerant leak. Refrigerant leaks are very common, and they can wreak havoc on your expensive AC system if they go undetected. Some methods to test for freon leaks are UV light, fluorescent dye, and pressure tests.
Learn more about refrigerant leaks >>>
Why is my AC so noisy?
Noises coming from an air conditioning unit can be due to several reasons, depending on the type of unit you have. You should not ignore these noises—they most likely indicate that your unit requires professional AC repair services.
Learn more about specific AC noises >>>
How can I save money on AC repairs?
Keeping your AC unit in good condition and receiving regular maintenance can help you avoid those unexpected breakdowns that can cost a fortune. Below are some tips on how you can maintain your AC and save on your repair costs:
- Pay close attention to any irregular noises or red flags.
- Regularly change your air filters.
- Keep your AC running only when you need it.
- Invest in an AC maintenance plan to receive regular AC check-ups.
- Regulate your fan speed.
- Invest in a new, energy-efficient AC unit.
Learn more about saving money on repairs >>>
Should I repair or replace my air conditioner?
Your impulse may be to seek repair, which is the course of action pretty much everyone would prefer at first glance. But there are many situations where replacement is not only the better answer long-term, it may also provide you with added benefits you might not be considering. You should look to replace if you are experiencing any of the following:
- Frequent repairs
- Refrigerant leaks
- Reduced efficiency
Learn more about repair versus replacement >>>
We provide AC repair in McLean, Allencrest, Arlington, Arlingwood, Aurora Hills, Ballston, Barcroft, Berkshire, Brockwood, Cherrydale, Claremont, Dominion Hills, Dover, Fairlington, Falls Church, Garden City, Glencaryln, Highlands, Larchmonth, Lyon Village, Oakwood, Rivercrest, Riverwood, Rosslyn, Shirlington, Westover, Woodmont, Alexandria, Annandale, Baileys Crossroads, Belle Haven, Burke, Bush Hill Woods, Centreville, Chantilly, Clifton, Cooktown, Dranesville, Dunn Loring, Engleside, Fair Oaks, Fairfax, Floris, Fort Belvoir, Great Falls, Greenbrair, Groveton, Hayfield, Herndon, Huntington, Hybla Valley, Idylwood, Jermantown, Kings Park, Lake Barcroft, Langley, Laurel Hill, Lees Corner, Lincolnia, Lorton, Mantua, Merrifield, Mount Vernon, Newington, Oakton, Pimmit Hills, Ravensworth, Reston, Rose Hill, Seven Corners, Shady Oak, Springfield, Tysons Corner, Vienna, Wolf Trap, Woodburn, Woodlawn, Arcola, Ashburn, Belmonth, Brambleton, Broadlands, Dulles, Lansdowne, Oak Grove, Ryan, Sterling, and Waxpool.