AC Replacement in McLean & Throughout Northern Virginia
How long has your home been cooled by your current air conditioner? More importantly, how is it running? If you find yourself having to make frequent repairs, or if it is constantly breaking down, it may be time to replace your AC unit. Don’t let yourself become stressed by the idea of replacing your air conditioner. Instead, call up the professionals at John Nugent & Sons to take care of the replacement for you.
For AC replacement in McLean or the surrounding Northern Virginia area, call John Nugent & Sons today at 703-291-1926 or click here to contact us online!
Benefits of AC Replacement in McLean
If your old air conditioner is still running, you might think it is best to just run your older unit into the ground until it breaks down and then replace it. However, the benefits of replacing your system sooner rather than later usually outweigh coaxing another season out of the aging equipment. Here’s what you stand to gain:
- Lower energy bills: You might want to put off the investment, but every month you operate your aging AC, you blow money on higher electricity bills. With a new, high-efficiency unit installed, you can save 30% or more every month on your utility bills.
- Better temperature control: Your upgrade may include ductwork adjustments, adding a zoning system, or adding a properly sized system that more effectively meets your home’s needs. Better control over the indoor environment means enhanced comfort.
- Fewer repairs: Aging equipment requires much more attention when it nears the end of its lifespan. If you’re tired of paying for repairs every other month, stop throwing good money at bad equipment, and put the money you would usually pay in repairs toward the cost of a new unit.
- No unexpected breakdowns: Spring is a great time to replace your air conditioner. If you wait until the dog days of summer, the unit could easily undergo too much strain and experience a complete breakdown. The last thing you want is to be left with no air conditioning on a sweltering afternoon. Avoid this uncomfortable situation by beating your outdated AC to the punch and replacing it sooner rather than later.
To learn more about air conditioner replacement in McLean or the surrounding areas, give us a call at 703-291-1926 or contact us online.
How Do I Know When to Replace My Air Conditioner?
Knowing when to replace your air conditioner can be a tricky thing. However, our experts at John Nugent & Sons suggest watching for the following warning signs:
- Old age: Most air conditioners last about 10 years, so if your air conditioner is older than that, it could be nearing the end of its lifespan. Even if you haven’t needed to schedule a repair recently, now is the time to start browsing for replacements.
- Low efficiency: Examine your energy bills from the past few summers. While higher outdoor temperatures and electricity rates fluctuate, you should look at how much your energy bill has increased. Poor efficiency is a major factor you must consider when deciding whether or not it is time to replace your air conditioner.
- Frequent repairs: There’s only so much you can do for an air conditioner that is reaching the end of its life. After two or more major AC repairs in a single season, it will be more beneficial to replace the entire unit, rather than to keep paying for repairs on the older system.
- Expensive repairs: Even if you’re facing the first repair of the season, consider a replacement instead of a repair if the price is close to 50% of what a new system would cost to purchase. Each year the energy efficiency of air conditioners improve, so purchasing a newer AC unit is likely the better option.
- Comfort problems: Finding “hot spots” in your home when the AC is turned on is not normal. If your home feels overly humid and rooms are not cooling properly, the air conditioner probably won’t last much longer.
Schedule AC Replacement in the McLean Area
John Nugent & Sons has been family-owned and -operated since 1975. We pride ourselves on providing the high quality of service and very personal touch that only a family company can offer. It is our belief that each and every customer deserves to be treated with the same respect and honesty as a member of our family. Our top-ranked customer service and superior quality of work can be attributed to this belief.
We are also committed to educating our employees so that every technician that enters your home is the most qualified technician available. We evaluate our programs regularly to ensure that our employees remain current on changing technology. It is our sincere desire to enhance our services and improve our performance for your benefit.
To schedule AC replacement in McLean or a surrounding area, give us a call at 703-291-1926 or contact us online!
Get Your Free Estimate on Air Conditioner Replacement in Northern Virginia!
If you are looking for a knowledgeable and trustworthy HVAC company in the Northern Virginia area, look no further. John Nugent & Sons is the name to call for your AC replacement and other services including air conditioner installation, AC repair, and maintenance. We offer free estimates for homeowners throughout Northern Virginia.
Call us today at 703-291-1926 or contact us online to schedule your next appointment.
John Nugent & Sons is licensed, bonded, and insured.
Our service area includes: Allencrest, Arlington, Arlingwood, Aurora Hills, Ballston, Barcroft, Berkshire, Brockwood, Cherrydale, Claremont, Dominion Hills, Dover, Fairlington, Falls Church, Garden City, Glencaryln, Highlands, Larchmonth, Lyon Village, Oakwood, Rivercrest, Riverwood, Rosslyn, Shirlington, Westover, Woodmont, Alexandria, Annandale, Baileys Crossroads, Belle Haven, Burke, Bush Hill Woods, Centreville, Chantilly, Clifton, Cooktown, Dranesville, Dunn Loring, Engleside, Fair Oaks, Fairfax, Floris, Fort Belvoir, Great Falls, Greenbrair, Groveton, Hayfield, Herndon, Huntington, Hybla Valley, Idylwood, Jermantown, Kings Park, Lake Barcroft, Langley, Laurel Hill, Lees Corner, Lincolnia, Lorton, Mantua, McLean, Merrifield, Mount Vernon, Newington, Oakton, Pimmit Hills, Ravensworth, Reston, Rose Hill, Seven Corners, Shady Oak, Springfield, Tysons Corner, Vienna, Wolf Trap, Woodburn, Woodlawn, Arcola, Ashburn, Belmonth, Brambleton, Broadlands, Dulles, Lansdowne, Oak Grove, Ryan, Sterling, and Waxpool.