Why Should I Install a Ductless Heat Pump?
Heat pumps provide an excellent heating and cooling option for our variable North Virginia climate. If you’ve spent any time looking into them, you likely know that heat pumps are one of the most versatile and energy-efficient options on the market today. But were you aware that there are actually multiple types of heat pumps? From air-source (standard) pumps, to ductless pumps, and even geothermal systems, heat pumps have a lot to offer. Today let’s take a look at ductless pumps specifically, so you can learn a bit about what benefits they bring to the table!
At John Nugent & Sons, we’ve been providing excellent heat pump services to Virginia for forty years, bringing quality and dependable expertise to our consumers. We’re family owned and operated, and always have been. At John Nugent & Sons, it is our number one goal to provide the very best service possible, and we work hard to exceed your expectations.
For heat pump service in Northern Virginia, contact John Nugent & Sons, either online, or over the phone at 703-291-1926!
Benefits of a Ductless Heat Pump
Ductless heat pumps (also known as a mini-split unit) bring all of the efficiency and dependability of other heat pump systems. But ductless pumps provide benefits unique to their type, many of which are particularly appealing to certain homeowners:
- Efficiency. Just like any other type of heat pump, ductless units provide some of the best energy-efficiency on the market, reducing your heating and cooling costs considerably.
- Flexibility. Mini-split heat pumps provide what is called “zoning”, meaning you can control the temperature of individual rooms, rather than setting a static temperature for the entire home. This can be particularly appealing, as the homeowner is free to keep important rooms warmer or cooler as the situation merits. This means you only pay for what you use, and you have much greater control over energy use and cost.
- Compatibility. Other heating and cooling solutions rely on being able to operate with your currently existing ductwork, but a multi-split system requires nothing more than access to electricity! An outdoor unit communicates with indoor units (thus, multi-split) that require nothing more than a mount, and they can be installed anywhere.
- Better air quality. Ductwork is perfectly fine in most homes, but it requires consistent service to stay clean, and even them can create a hotbed for allergens. Without ducts, mini-splits are free to incorporate multi-stage filtration systems, helping keep the air in your home clean and clear.
- Installation is a snap. If you’re looking for a new heating and cooling system, odds are you’re looking to improve the comfort of your home. Ductless systems are exceedingly easy to install, bringing you the comfort you desire in no time at all!
Northern Virginia Heat Pump Service
If you’re interested in installing a heat pump in your Northern Virginia home, our team at John Nugent & Sons would love to assist you through the process! We have been family owned and operated since 1975. We pride ourselves on providing the high quality of service and very personal touch that only a family company can offer. It is our belief that each and every customer deserves to be treated with the same respect and honesty as a member of our family.
For more information on our heat pump service and to schedule an appointment contact us online or give us a call at 703-291-1926!