Security Lighting Services in Northern Virginia
There is nothing more important than your family’s safety and security. So, are you taking all the precautions necessary to ensure your family remains safe? By installing security lighting on your property, you can have peace of mind knowing your yard is illuminated—helping to deter any possible intruders.
If you’re looking for a way to make your home safer at night, John Nugent & Sons is the company to know. Since 1975, our electricians have been installing security lighting for homes throughout Northern Virginia, including McLean, Arlington, Falls Church, Vienna, and more!
If you want to install security lighting in Northern Virginia, call John Nugent & Sons today at 703-291-1926 or click here to contact us online!
Security Lighting Installation
For professional design and installation of security lighting in Northern Virginia, look no further than John Nugent & Sons. Our expert electricians have helped your McLean area neighbors come up with the ideal security lighting solution for their unique landscape. Security lighting is not a one-size-fits-all job. You need a team that can help locate the best places to install the light fixtures—and we can help.
For high quality security lighting installation in Northern Virginia, call John Nugent & Sons at 703-291-1926.
Types of Security Lighting
When it comes to security lighting, its best to consider the many different types of systems available. These include:
- Motion-activated – Motion-activated security lights are only activated when they detect motion in a designated area, saving your money and energy when no motion is detected. These are one of the best ways to get some bang for your buck—you get added security without wasting energy.
- Halogen flood lights – Halogen flood lights provide strong lighting at the flick of a switch. But it is important to remember that this security lighting option will consumer more energy than most other types.
- Fluorescent – Fluorescent security lighting is the most practical and conventional type of security lighting. Although many people may consider installing fluorescent security lights a DIY project, it’s best to leave the installation and design to a professional electrician to avoid personal injury and costly repairs.
- HID – HID security lighting, or “high intensity discharge,” emits strong light that is simply incomparable to other kinds of security lighting systems. Not sure if this is the security lighting solution you need? HID lights are best suited for large residential structures and backyards.
If you’re unsure which security lighting option is best for your landscape, contact John Nugent & Sons. We can help you determine the right fit for your home.
Benefits of Security Lighting Installation
Installing security lighting in your yard offers a variety of benefits, including:
- Intruder deterrent – keeping the area around your home or building well lit will naturally keep away burglars, vandals, and other intruders at night. Keeping on the lights at night removes dark spots for potential criminals to hide, and motion detector lights can provide an extra level of alarm.
- Improved security – security lighting improves your home security in other ways, such as letting you see anyone approaching your home at night, especially when someone comes to the door. You can pair outdoor security lighting with a home alarm system for extra protection as well.
- Reduced insurance premiums – a safeguarded home is less likely to be vandalized or burglarized, and many insurance carriers are likely to reward homeowners with installed security lighting systems by providing discounts on monthly insurance premiums.
- Safer grounds – installing security lighting can reduce potential accidents by making it easier to see when walking around at night. Exterior lighting is especially beneficial when navigating exterior walkways and stairs. Outdoor security lighting system should be positioned in both the back and front yard areas as a way to prevent serious accidents. In the home has an outdoor pool, it is critical to use exterior lighting to illuminate the area.
For security lighting installation in Northern Virginia, call John Nugent & Sons today at 703-291-1926 or click here to contact us online!
Choose John Nugent & Sons for Security Lighting in Northern Virginia
If you’re considering installing security lighting on your Northern Virginia property, you need an expert team that has experience designing and installing a variety of lighting fixtures. With John Nugent & Sons you can rest easy knowing you have a team of professional electricians by your side. John Nugent & Sons has been family owned and operated since 1975. We pride ourselves on providing the high quality of service and very personal touch that only a family company can offer.
Schedule security lighting installation in Fairfax, Arlington, McLean, and the surrounding areas by calling John Nugent & Sons at 703-291-1926 or contacting us online.
John Nugent & Sons is licensed, bonded, and insured.