Menu

High Efficiency Furnace Tax Credit

As part of the legislation designed to avoid the “fiscal cliff,” Congress passed a measure, signed into law by President Obama on Jan. 2, 2013, that reinstated 25C tax credits for highly efficient HVAC and water heating equipment. The legislation extends the HVAC tax credits that expired in 2011 from Jan. 1, 2012 all the way through Dec. 31, 2013, for qualified equipment listed in Section 25C of the Internal Revenue Code.

Furnace Tax Credit of $150

Qualified furnaces are eligible for a tax rebate of $150. Natural gas, propane, and oil furnaces with an annual fuel utilization efficiency (AFUE) of no less than 95 qualify for this credit. AFUE is a measure of how efficient an appliance is in converting the energy in its fuel to heat over the course of a typical year. Specifically, it is the ratio of annual heat output of the furnace or boiler compared to the total annual fossil fuel energy consumed by a furnace. An AFUE of 95 means that 95 percent of the energy in the fuel becomes heat for the home while the remaining 5 percent escapes up the chimney or elsewhere.

Not sure if your furnace is eligible for this tax credit of $150? No problem! Just give us a call to see if your unit qualifies.

Take Advantage of the Furnace Tax Credit

We’re squarely in the middle of the cold season here in Northern VA—many of our customers in Fairfax, Arlington, Centreville, Reston, and throughout the area are already taking advantage of the extension of this furnace tax credit by scheduling a furnace installation now. In addition to enjoying a tax credit, a new furnace installation can provide you:

  • Increased energy efficiency
  • Warmer temperatures
  • Lower energy bills
  • Fewer repairs in the near future
  • Less chance of a breakdown

All you have to do to install a new, high efficiency furnace is contact John Nugent & Sons. We’ll send a highly qualified, professional technician to your home to get the job done.

Contact Us

See Our Coupons & Specials

Testimonials

10 TIME Super Service Award Winner!

"John Nugent & Sons, I believe, is a model for a company with excellent management, superior service through cooperative scheduling and excellent service representatives."

J.A. – Leesburg, VA.

  • Ask About Financing

    Financing available with approved credit