Read our communication regarding new measures our team is enacting in this critical time.
Keep Your Costs Down & Energy Efficiency Up This Summer
You want to stay cool this summer, but the thought of your increased power bill has you wondering if there is anything you can do to stay cool and not spend a fortune at the same time. The good news is there are a few different ways you can cut your energy costs and still remain comfortable. Let’s take a look.
For high quality air conditioning services in Northern Virginia, contact John Nugent & Sons today at 703-291-1926!
Ways to Improve AC Efficiency (For Less!)
- Make sure your air conditioner is in good condition. Change your filter and make sure your unit is running perfectly. You may want to get a professional service check or upgrade to a newer, more energy-efficient unit.
- Install a programmable thermostat. Programmable thermostats can save quite a bit of money over the season. They can be set to work in only particular areas or throughout your home. You can also keep your home warmer when nobody is home, but have it nice and cool by the time you do return.
- Set your thermostat to no lower than 68 degrees. This is a comfortable temperature for most people. The lower you set the thermostat, the harder your air conditioner has to work to keep your home at that temperature. By being willing to keep the temperature a bit higher, the savings add up.
- Use fans in conjunction with the air conditioner. By using either ceiling fans or standing ones, you help the cool air circulate better throughout the entire area. This makes your air conditioner able to work less and still provide comfort.
- Install thermal window treatments. We love the sun as much as you do, but it can make it very uncomfortable when it shines through the glass. Install thermal curtains to block out the sun and it will make the room cooler automatically.
- Close off unused rooms. Rather than cooling every room in your home, cool only those that are getting used throughout the day. By shutting off the air to those unused rooms, you force more cool air into the rooms where it is needed.
- Place the air conditioner in a window shaded by trees. The shady area under a tree is sometimes as much as ten to fifteen degrees cooler than in the sun. By placing window units in the shade of a tree, you enable it to draw in air that is already cooler to start with, making it easier to cool the room.
Air Conditioning Services in Northern Virginia
If saving money on your energy costs while still keeping comfortable is one of your summer goals, contact John Nugent & Sons. We are ready to answer your questions and give you the benefit of our years of experience to help you meet your goal. As a family-owned business with over four decades of experience, we pride ourselves on keeping up with industry standards and making sure all of our air cooling experts continuously meet licensing standards. Only the best will show up at your home to meet your air conditioning needs.
Give us a call or contact us online to schedule your next appointment for AC services or a free estimate on AC replacement—703-291-1926!
See Our Coupons & Specials
10 TIME Super Service Award Winner!
"John Nugent & Sons, I believe, is a model for a company with excellent management, superior service through cooperative scheduling and excellent service representatives."
J.A. – Leesburg, VA.