Why Should I Schedule Heat Pump Maintenance?
Like any complex system, from your car to your home, a heat pump needs regular care and maintenance to do its job properly and efficiently. According to the U.S. Department of Energy, a heat pump that is maintained regularly uses up to 25% less energy than one with a poor service history. Even simply replacing a dirty air filter can reduce energy consumption by up to 15%.
At John Nugent & Sons, we recommend two service visits a year for your heat pump, once in the spring and once in the fall. To schedule your heat pump maintenance in Northern Virginia, contact us today!
The Benefits of Proper Heat Pump Maintenance
Routine maintenance can not only reduce energy consumption, but it can also prevent up to 95% of HVAC breakdowns, according to the Indoor Air Quality Association. Other great benefits of heat pump maintenance include:
- Lower utility costs – With lower energy consumption, you will see a significant reduction in your electricity bills.
- Fewer service calls – Service calls can add up quickly, in both costs and time spent waiting for your HVAC service provider. By spotting problems early during maintenance services, you can save time and money.
- Longer system life – A properly serviced heat pump will last longer than one that is neglected.
- Improved comfort – When your heat pump is performing at peak efficiency, it will offer better heating and cooling performance, plus improved humidity control.
- Better air quality – Regular servicing helps to keep your air filter, evaporator, and air handler clean, which can improve indoor air quality and reduce symptoms of allergies or asthma.
What Does Heat Pump Maintenance Include?
A typical heat pump maintenance visit will include a full system inspection to identify problems and determine the overall condition of the system. The technician will then perform all the routine maintenance required for your heat pump, such as:
- Replacing the air filter
- Testing supply and return airflow and temperature
- Cleaning the evaporator coil, condenser coil, condensate drain, and air handler
- Testing the operation the backup heat system, defrost cycle, expansion valve, and reversing valve
- Testing the operation of relays, contactors, start capacitors, and the compressor
- Ensuring electrical terminals, wires, and contacts are clean, secure, and not damaged
- Verifying proper refrigerant charge, operating pressures, and temperatures
- Testing the operation of the thermostat and zoning controls
- Verifying proper system operation and efficiency
Done at least annually, these services can keep your heat pump running as efficiently as possible while providing you with the comfort you expect year-round.
Call Today to Schedule Heat Pump Maintenance in Northern Virginia
When you need high-quality, professional maintenance services for your heat pump, trust our certified technicians at John Nugent & Sons. Not only do we offer comprehensive heat pump maintenance, but also convenient service contracts that make the process simple, as well as HVAC repair services, replacement services, and more. We serve homeowners throughout Northern Virginia, including McLean, Arlington, and Reston, and with over 40 years of HVAC service experience, you can count on us for all your heating, cooling, and indoor air quality needs.
Give us a call today at 703-291-1926 or contact us online to schedule heat pump maintenance in McLean, Arlington, or the surrounding areas!