Generator Repair in McLean, VA & Northern Virginia
Can you imagine going more than a few hours without electricity? We have become so reliant on technology, that this is a scenario that’s hard to picture. Yet, in Northern Virginia, power outages happen more often than we’d like to admit. A backup generator is a necessity to ensure that your home is projected in a power outage. Yet like all systems within your home, your backup generator can fall into disrepair. When that happens, John Nugent & Sons is ready to get it back up and running with professional generator repair.
Is your generator broken? Call us today at 703-291-1926 for prompt, professional generator repair!
Signs You Need Generator Repair
If you turn your generator on and nothing happens, it’s obvious that you need to have it repaired. However, this also puts you in a difficult situation, since you have no power. At John Nugent & Sons, we want you to know other signs to watch for that may indicate a problem is brewing, so you can get repair before a full system breakdown occurs. Some common signs that you are in need of generator repair include:
- You have an alert – If you have an alert from your generator, then you need to get it checked out. Modern backup generators will run self-tests and send an alert when a problem is found.
- Visual damage – If you see any visible wear and tear on your generator, then it’s time to get it repaired.
- Electrical problems – Damage to the wiring, connectors, switches, buttons, or battery need to be addressed right away.
- Trouble starting – If you’re breathing a sigh of relief every time your generator starts, because sometimes it acts like it won’t, it’s time to call for repair.
- Leaks – Leaks can be anything from fuel to coolant to condensation, but you need to have them checked out to rule out any problems.
If you’re experiencing any of these problems, call the team at John Nugent & Sons for help. You can also contact us online to schedule generator repair.
How to Prevent Generator Problems
While the team at John Nugent & Sons is here to help you whenever you need generator repair, our goal is to help you prevent problems before they start whenever possible. One of the best ways to prevent generator problems is with regular generator maintenance. Changing the oil and filter regularly, cleaning the unit well and checking all of its moving parts will help reduce the risk of damage that could lead to a repair need.
If you need help with generator maintenance, give the team at John Nugent & Sons a call at 703-291-1926.
Generator Repair from John Nugent & Sons
If your generator needs to be repaired, you need to call the right pros to do the job. This isn’t a job you can trust to just anyone, because your generator is a major electrical component that you need to know will work when you call on it. John Nugent & Sons has a team of licensed electricians who are ready to rise to the challenge. We work hard to stay current with industry standards, so your generator will be ready when you need it.
If you have questions about generator repair in Northern Virginia, give us a call at 703-291-1926, or contact us online to get started.