Split System Air Conditioners in Northern Virginia
Providing service for Arlington, Fairfax, Great Falls, Reston, and surrounding Northern Virginia areas.
What is a split-system air conditioner? It is a system that eliminates the need for ducts going throughout your home. This system consists of two parts, one that is encased in cement outside your home and a small, often nice-looking until installed inside, near an outside wall or ceiling.
John Nugent & Sons has experience installing all types of cooling systems, including split systems! To install a split air conditioning system in Northern Virginia, contact us online.
Split System Installation
Whether you live in an older Northern Virginia home or newly built home, a split system provide ideal climate control in any space! When you need reliable cooling services, look no further than John Nugent & Sons. Your neighbors have trusted us for more than 40 years—find out why by giving us a call! Our split system installation services are second to none, and you can rest easy knowing the job will be done right the first time, every time.
Contact the cooling professionals at John Nugent & Sons if you’re ready to make your Northern Virginia home calm, cool, and collected with a split system air conditioner!
How a Split System Works
This unit is installed next to an outer wall in the vicinity of the area you want to cool. A set of electrical wires or tubing is then connected to the indoor unit, which contains the cooling coil, a long blower, and an air filter.
Air is drawn in through the outside unit and transported to the inside unit, where the fan pushes it out into the room that needs cooled. Warm air is then pushed outward the same way to be cooled and the cycle continues.
Benefits of a Split System
The split system air conditioner has several advantages over that of other styles.
- It is more energy-efficient – When ducts are needed, the air conditioner has to work harder to push cool air to a variety of places. In addition, ducts can leak, allowing the cool air to leak out before it even reaches the area it is meant to cool. This makes the unit have to work still harder, which increases the energy usage. With the split system, there is less air leakage and the path between the two units is more direct.
- It requires less work installing – Without the need for ducts, there is less upheaval in the installation process. The unit is able to be installed quicker and with little upset to your family’s daily routine.
- It is more flexible – Not only are the indoor units made to blend in better with any home decor, the way the system is hooked up allows for a variety of options. You can attach more than one indoor unit to the outdoor one, or simply cool one area. The location of installation is open, allowing you to get the most benefit where it is required.
- It is quieter – With the main cooling unit outside, there is less noise to deal with. The fan is eliminated inside, which also reduces noise. You can have cool air and not have to shout over a noisy unit or have it interrupt your concentration.
- It costs less to install – The lack of duct work makes this type of unit easier to install. It also reduces the cost of installation because you aren’t adding the cost of the ducts and the labor to install them. This means that a split system unit is saving you money right from the start.
Split System Installation in Northern VA
Since 1975, your Northern Virginia neighbors have trusted our skilled team to install split systems in their homes. We pride ourselves on providing the high quality of service and very personal touch that only a family company can offer. It is our belief that each and every customer deserves to be treated with the same respect and honesty as a member of our family. Our top-ranked customer service and superior quality of work can be attributed to this belief. If you’re ready for an easy solution to your cooling needs, then consider a ductless split system.
Call John Nugent & Sons at 703-291-1926 or contact us online to install a split system air conditioning in Northern Virginia!