Tankless Water Heater Installation & Repair
Proudly Serving Northern Virginia Since 1975
Are you tired of running out of hot water during a shower? Looking for a more efficient hot water system? Consider installing a tankless water heater! The licensed plumbers at John Nugent & Sons in McLean specialize in installing tankless water heaters in Northern Virginia homes.
If it’s time to replace your old water heater, consider switching to a tankless water heater! We install throughout Northern Virginia, including inReston, Arlington, Fairfax, Falls Church, Vienna, and Great Falls.
Call 703-291-1926 today for a fast estimate or to schedule an installation!
How Is a Tankless Water Heater Different from a Storage Tank Water Heater?
Conventional water heaters force you to keep hot water sitting in a large storage tank until you need it. This constant need for heating, combined with their limited storage capacity, is why many homeowners in Northern Virginia install tankless water heaters.
Rather than store water in a large tank, tankless water heaters only heat the water as it runs through the pipes toward its destination: the shower, the sink, etc. That’s much more efficient and more economical, too.
Other advantages of tankless water heaters include:
- Unlimited hot water. Most conventional water heaters store between 40 and 60 gallons, which is usually large enough to heat water for most families but everyone has a story of when their hot water ran out while they were in the middle of a shower. Tankless water heaters produce nearly unlimited hot water at safe, comfortable temperatures.
- Higher efficiency. Conventional waters heaters have to keep hot water ready at all times, so they have to heat the water continuously, 24/7. When you use hot water, the tank is refilled with cold water that then needs to be heated. Tankless water heaters only heat water on demand, which means they operate much more efficiently.
- Less risk of scale. Over time, minerals present in hot water settle and turn into scale, which coats the internal components of your water heater, including the burner elements. This buildup drastically reduces the heater’s heating efficiency. Tankless water heaters don’t store water, so this issue is completely eliminated.
- No scalding hazard. Tankless water heaters don’t store any hot water, so there is never a risk of getting burned by hot water leaking from a faulty unit.
- Longer life span. Traditional storage tank water heaters typically last up to 10 years. Tankless water heaters, on the other hand, can last up to 20 years or more!
For tankless water heater services in Northern Virginia, call John Nugent & Sons at 703-291-1926 or click here to contact us online!
We Offer Tankless Water Heater Repair, Too
Tankless water heaters are typically reliable. Still, parts wear out over time. If you’re not getting hot water, call John Nugent & Sons for tankless water heater repairs in Northern Virginia.
Here are common signs of your tankless water heater is in need of service:
- Water dripping from the heater – This common problem means you are losing water, which costs you money.
- Water is warm, not hot – This typically means the system is losing efficiency and needs repair.
- Hot-water appliances aren’t working – If your dishes and clothes aren’t getting clean, your water heater may be to blame.
- Hot water is inconsistent – Inconsistent water is a problem just as cold water is. If your water isn’t consistently hot, we need to take a look.
- Water is completely cold – This is an obvious problem and requires a quick appointment from one of our techs.
If you are noticing any of these problems, the best line of defense is to have a pro check out your tankless water heater system. Contact John Nugent & Sons for help!
Why Call John Nugent & Sons Water Heater Service?
John Nugent & Sons has been family owned and operated since 1975. With over 40 years of experience, we pride ourselves on providing the high quality of service and very personal touch that only a family company can offer.
- We believe each customer deserves to be treated with the same respect and honesty as a member of our family.
- Our top-ranked customer service and superior quality of work reflect our desire to do right by our customers, who we think of as friends and neighbors.
- Our commitment to excellence got us this far, and we plan on honoring this commitment long into the future.
Call John Nugent & Sons at 703-291-1926 for an estimate or to schedule tankless water heater installation in Northern Virginia today!
John Nugent & Sons is licensed, bonded, and insured.
Tankless Water Heater FAQs
How do tankless water heaters work?
Rather than heating water in a tank and keeping it warm for when it is needed, a tankless water heater uses a heat exchanger to raise the temperature of the water quickly whenever you turn on the hot water at the tap.
When you open a faucet, the heat exchanger transfers heat from electric coils or a gas-fired burner to your water, quickly heating it to your comfort level. This highly efficient method reduces heat energy loss, saving you up to 40% on your energy bills.
Is a tankless more energy-efficient than a traditional hot water heater?
Yes. A standard tank water heater keeps the water in storage hot at all times. A tankless water heater only runs when there is a call for hot water. Typically, you can expect 20%-30% energy savings when using a tankless water heater versus a traditional hot water heater.
Can I install my own tankless water heater?
While it is possible to install your own tankless water heater, we highly recommend that you have a licensed plumber install a new unit. There are many variables you need to consider when installing a unit.
What Size Tankless Water Heater Do I Need Installed?
The first step in installing a tankless water heater is determining what size you need. Tankless water heaters are measured based on how many gallons of water they supply in a minute.
- For a bathtub, you will need 2 to 4 gallons per minute
- For a dishwasher, you will need 1 to 3 gallons per minute
- For a shower, you will need 1.5 to 3 gallons per minute
If you use these units at the same time, you will need a tankless water heater that produces enough hot water for all your needs. When you hire John Nugent & Sons for tankless water heater installation in Northern Virginia, we help with water heater sizing so you get the best tankless water heater for your needs.