Read our communication regarding new measures our team is enacting in this critical time.
My Heater is Not Heating
Is your heater not heating? This is obviously one of the more common heating problems—and one you should fix immediately considering how cold it can get in Arlington, Centreville, Reston, and all throughout Virginia during the winter months. As a leading VA heating repair service provider, John Nugent & Sons understands the most likely causes of a heater not heating—as well as possible fixes.
Possible Causes of a Heater Not Heating
There are several possible reasons your heater isn’t heating, the most common of which include:
- Loose or disconnected wiring connected to the unit
- Tripped circuit breaker
- Blown fuse
- Improper thermostat setting
- Obstructed airflow to the unit
- Defective heating element in heater
Possible Fixes For a Heater Not Heating
Here are some possible fixes for a heater that isn’t heating, depending on the situation:
- If wiring connected to the unit appears loose, tighten it
- If the breaker is tripped, reset the circuit breaker
- If the fuse is blown or popped, replace with appropriate fuse
- If the thermostat setting does not match the one provided by the manufacturer, adjust the setting to make sure it’s not set too low
- If there is obstructed airflow to the heating unit, check to make sure drapes, furniture, or plants aren’t responsible for the obstruction
Is your heater not heating even after you’ve tried these fixes? It’s likely that your heater has run out its lifespan and needs to be replaced. Contact us so we can send a qualified electrician your way who specializes in VA heating replacement.
See Our Coupons & Specials
10 TIME Super Service Award Winner!
"John Nugent & Sons, I believe, is a model for a company with excellent management, superior service through cooperative scheduling and excellent service representatives."
J.A. – Leesburg, VA.