Outdoor Lighting Installation in McLean, Virginia
Are you looking to make your home a little brighter at night? Do you want to light up your yard for aesthetic reasons or to deter would-be criminals from trespassing on your property? Regardless of your reason, call John Nugent & Sons for outdoor and exterior lighting installation!
Outdoor lighting is a popular choice by many homeowners. Whether you’re looking for an increased sense of security or you want to illuminate the one-of-a-kind landscape features in your backyard, John Nugent & Sons is the company to know. Our Northern Virginia electricians have been serving McLean, Arlington, Falls Church, Fairfax, Centreville, and Dulles areas since 1975 and can install landscape or security lighting for any home.
For outdoor lighting services in Northern Virginia, call John Nugent & Sons at 703-291-1926 or click here to contact us online!
Ways to Use LED Lights in Northern Virginia
Home security might be the way most homeowners use LED lights. Motion-activated security lights are commonplace on most properties. They use a fraction of the electricity and deliver great lighting solutions. LEDs are also a good way to provide nighttime sidewalk illumination for older visitors and family members.
Some types of LED bulbs can change color. RGB (red, green, blue) LED lights are trending for outdoor use. Color-illuminated landscape sections or plants are attractive. (A lot of sports fans display blue and orange colors on University of Virginia game days.)
Other uses for LED outdoor lighting include:
- Pool and patio – Night swims and evening patio parties take on a glow of excitement with the right lighting. You can use waterproof LED lights or strips in pool areas (and yes, they can change colors). Did you know LEDs don’t attract insects? That’s a big advantage to nighttime outdoor dining.
- Spotlights – Illuminate your flag at night or highlight special architectural features with LED spotlights.
- Walkways – Sidewalks just look nicer and they are certainly safer when lined with LED outdoor fixtures. You might consider waterproof, weather-proof LED light strips for more consistent lighting than bulbs.
Our reputation is critical to our company. John Nugent & Sons has provided high-quality, dependable home service solutions for over 40 years. We were here for your parents … and we’ll be here for your kids. That’s why we deliver superior work at affordable prices to our friends and neighbors (like you).
After all … we live here, too.
Your home’s systems work together, so we’re your one-stop-shop for home improvement projects, maintenance, and repairs. We welcome your questions. Call 703-291-1926 or contact us to learn more about our whole-house solutions:
Outdoor Lighting Installation
Whether you are a homeowner or a business owner in the Northern Virginia area, the design and functionality of your outdoor lighting can greatly improve the overall curb appeal of your property. We can install energy-efficient LED lighting, so you don’t have to worry about increasing your monthly energy bills. These lights run on very little energy and they last quite a bit longer than regular lightbulbs.
If you live in Northern Virginia, including Falls Church, Arlington, McLean, and surrounding areas, you can trust John Nugent & Sons for unparalleled outdoor lighting installation services. Contact us to learn more.
What Are Your Outdoor Lighting Needs?
When it comes to outdoor lighting you should rely on the knowledge of the professionals for design and installation. Not only can electrical projects be dangerous but when you hire a professional your project is uniquely designed for your home, which adds aesthetics and security. When it comes to outdoor lighting, the electricians at John Nugent & Sons can help you with any outdoor lighting project, but our most common projects include:
Landscape lighting – A well-planned and executed landscape lighting system is the key to enjoying your yard after dark. And John Nugent & Sons can help you create the perfect outdoor lighting system for your home. Whether you’re interested in deck or porch lighting, spotlighting for trees and other yard features you love, or lighting around walkways and stairs (or all of the above), our electricians can help you create the backyard of your dreams. We can even help install lighting for pools and hot tubs!
Security lighting – According to law enforcement officials, a well-designed security lighting system is a primary component of any home’s ability to deter crime. At John Nugent & Sons, we can create a security lighting system that perfectly complements your home and balances beauty with safety. We can even install motion-activated lights that stay off until they sense movement, and then illuminate a wide area.
We can even install outdoor lighting systems that can be controlled by remote or online! To learn more about the outdoor lighting features we install, contact us today!
Benefits of Outdoor Lighting
There are a variety of advantages to installing outdoor lighting in your Northern Virginia home’s yard, including:
- Increased Home Security – Our team can design a system of low-voltage accent lights to complement the exterior of your home and provide extra security from unwanted guests.
- Enhanced Safety – Use outdoor lighting to improve home safety and easy navigation around your home. We can help you avoid tripping over hoses and illuminate pathways and steps!
- Improved Aesthetics – Make your home stand out from the rest with tree uplighting, driveway lights, spotlighting, garden lights, and more!
- Better Entertainment – Landscape lighting lets you host family and friends any time of the night. Install underwater lights in your pool or light up a patio and enjoy your new outdoor lighting.
LED Lighting in Alexandria, Fairfax, Leesburg, and McLean
LED lights are the perfect solution to what you need and want in outdoor lighting. They are attractive, energy-efficient, and affordable. What’s not to like?
Some of the advantages of LED outdoor lighting are:
- LEDs last longer than other types of lighting.
- LED technology has evolved from its earlier bight-whites and blueish hues to warmer, more eye-pleasing colors.
- No toxic materials are used in manufacturing LED lights.
- Save as much as 80% in electricity usage.
- They can operate well in extreme cold and heat.
- You get better illumination and greater light direction control.
Outdoor Lighting from John Nugent & Sons
At John Nugent & Sons, we pride ourselves on providing the high quality of service and very personal touch that only a family company can offer. It is our belief that each and every customer deserves to be treated with the same respect and honesty as a member of our family. When you choose John Nugent & Sons as your electrical contractor in Northern Virginia we will work with you one-on-one to come up with the best plan for your outdoor lighting needs.
If you need outdoor lighting services for aesthetic or security purposes, call John Nugent & Sons today at 703-291-1926 or click here to contact us online!
John Nugent & Sons is licensed, bonded, and insured.