Backup Generators in McLean, Virginia
Providing home generator services throughout Fairfax, Arlington, and Loudoun Counties in Northern Virginia.
You never know when there might be a power outage. It could happen during a typical summer storm or as a result of more severe weather events such as a hurricane or a blizzard. Homeowners simply cannot afford to ride out extended power outages. Installing a home standby generator is an excellent way to protect your family and your investments.
Contact us online or call 703-291-1926, to get a free estimate for home standby generator installation.
Home Standby Generator Installation
It’s difficult to imagine living a day without power. After a few hours without modern conveniences—including hot water and air conditioning or heating—there is little doubt that you and your family will begin to feel the effects of the power outage. Without electricity to your home, plumbing can freeze and burst and food in the fridge can spoil. Severe winter or summer storms don’t have to disturb your daily routine if you’ve installed a whole house generator. With the purchase and installation of a whole house generator, your entire home can have a dependable source of energy—no matter the weather condition or elements.
Whole house generators can power your entire home or office space, including:
- Fridge and freezer
- Electronics (including computers and televisions)
- Lights and electricity
- Water and water heaters (for drinking, cleaning, and flushing)
Don’t let your family deal with an uncomfortable situation! Contact John Nugent & Sons to schedule your generator installation in Northern VA!
Benefits of Home Standby Generators
Permanently installed on a gravel bed or a concrete pad next to a house, a home standby generator offers numerous benefits to homeowners in and around Fairfax, Arlington, Centreville, and Reston, VA. The benefits of investing in a home standby generator include:
- Continuing life as usual – A standby generators kick on within seconds after a power outage, whether it’s due to severe weather or other disruptions. With a home standby generator, essential home functions – food refrigeration, lighting, air conditioning, and cooking abilities – are undisrupted. You and your family can simply continue life (mostly) as usual.
- Enjoying peace of mind from theft – Since they are permanent fixtures, home standby generators are nearly impossible to steal. When you factor in the weight of the unit and its connection to your home’s gas and electrical lines, it becomes obvious why a home standby generator isn’t a target for theft.
- Maintaining safety and enjoying convenience – With a home standby generator, you never have to worry about toxic exhaust because the unit is installed a safe distance from your home. Also, there is no need to worry about refueling because a home standby generator is permanently hooked into your home’s gas supply.
- Enjoying cost savings – The costs associated with a home standby generator are much lower than those associated with other forms of backup power. The cost of replacing malfunctioning equipment during a power outage can exceed the cost of installing a standby generator.
Call us to install a home standby generator—we’ll send a professional, licensed technician to your home to get the job done right—703-291-1926!
Home Standby Generator Maintenance
Like any other engine-powered machine, home standby generators require routine maintenance. Periodic oil and filter changes are required to ensure maximum performance for years of reliable service. This is important to ensure you achieve the best value from your generator.
Generator maintenance includes keeping your unit clean. The unit should operate in an environment where it will not be exposed to excessive dirt, dust, moisture, or any corrosive vapors. You should make sure that cooling air louvers on the enclosures aren’t clogged with snow, leaves, or any other foreign material—this can significantly reduce the efficiency and lifespan of your standby generator. To prevent costly standby generator damage caused by overheating, make sure the enclosure cooling inlets and outlets are kept clean and unobstructed. Clean your unit when dust, dirt, oil, moisture, or other foreign substances are visible on the unit’s exterior or interior surface. You should inspect the air inlet and outlet openings inside and outside the enclosure to ensure air flow is not blocked.
If you need help completing an oil change for your standby generator, or if you require any other type of generator maintenance, contact John Nugent & Sons. You spent a significant amount of money on your generator. Proper generator maintenance will help protect your investment.
Call Today for Generator Services in Northern Virginia
It doesn’t matter what sort of generator issue you are having, give us a call if you live in the Northern Virginia area, and we’ll do everything in our power to solve the problem. Whether you want to install a new generator or repair and maintain an older one, we’re the team to call. As a family-owned business with over four decades of experience, we pride ourselves on keeping up with industry standards and making sure all of our service experts continuously meet licensing standards. Only the best will show up at your home to meet your needs.
If you have any questions about home standby generators, contact us online or give us a call at 703-291-1926 and someone will respond to you shortly.